Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xfinity Gigabit NEED HELP!!!

jerryknowsbest
Follower

Xfinity Gigabit NEED HELP!!!

I need HEEEELP 😞 

I just upgraded my xfinity internet service from Blast Pro (300 mbps download/12 mbps upload) to their Gigabit plan (1,000 mbps download/35mbps upload). After the upgrade my download speed doubled from 300 mbps to 650-700 mbps HOWEVER my upload speed decreased to only 5 mbps. 

I contacted Xfinity to get answers and they told me that my modem was not compatible with their Gigabit plan, yet I've had this same router/modem for the past 3 years.

I currently own a C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

The box and product sheet claim that it supports Gigabit connections with up to 960 download speeds. Xfinity is attributing the loss of upload speeds to an incompabitle modem/router. How can this be the case if I was previously getting 12 mbps consistently. I have not been able to get more than 5 mbps on multiple devices. I am willing to cut my losses and deal with 700 mbps (hell it's more than doubled what I was getting) but I cannot deal with 5 mbps upload speeds. This is ridiculous. 

What should I do? Is it time to purchase a new router/modem? If so which router/modem can I purchase that would be compatible with Xfinity's Gigabit plan of 1,000 mbps download/35mbps upload? 

THANK YOU!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Xfinity requires docsis 3.1 for their service to hit gig speds. The c7000 is technically capable of faster speeds than its getting but its set by the isp. So if xfinity only certifies it to 600mbps (plus over provisioning), thats all they'll let it run. Not sure why you're only getting 5mbps upload. without seeing your cable connections page, its tough to tell. have you had them reprovision it? 

If you want gigabit here's your options.

Combo devices:

1. The C7800

2. The CAX80 (should release next month)

you could go with seperate modem and router (what I'd recommend). Its a bit more buy in but better chances of upgrading.

1. cm1000

2. cm1100

3. cm1200 (wouldn't recommend unless on business line from comcast)

and then just getting a router to support it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Xfinity requires docsis 3.1 for their service to hit gig speds. The c7000 is technically capable of faster speeds than its getting but its set by the isp. So if xfinity only certifies it to 600mbps (plus over provisioning), thats all they'll let it run. Not sure why you're only getting 5mbps upload. without seeing your cable connections page, its tough to tell. have you had them reprovision it? 

If you want gigabit here's your options.

Combo devices:

1. The C7800

2. The CAX80 (should release next month)

you could go with seperate modem and router (what I'd recommend). Its a bit more buy in but better chances of upgrading.

1. cm1000

2. cm1100

3. cm1200 (wouldn't recommend unless on business line from comcast)

and then just getting a router to support it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7