Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xfinity gigabit C6900

myslad
Aspirant

Xfinity gigabit C6900

I have Netgear C6900.

Does this support xFinity gigabit speed?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myslad
Aspirant

Thanks for the timely response.   Sigh that i had purchased the correct product to get Giga speed.

However, when I test Wifi (5 Ghz) connection; barely i am getting around 270 - 290 Mbps... 

Is there any settings that i need to modify to get maximum speed.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Greetings,

From the C6900's product page...

Docsis 3.0.. Industry's first 24x8 channel bonding give you the fastest download speeds, up to 960Mbps

Depending on the length of run from the pole to your POE, the quality of the 75ohm coax, and type and number of splitters you have in your home, I think you could expect to see between 900 ~ 1100Mbps at your modem. 

The C6900 will work fine with a 1000Mbps internet connection. 

Message 2 of 4
myslad
Aspirant

Thanks for the timely response.   Sigh that i had purchased the correct product to get Giga speed.

However, when I test Wifi (5 Ghz) connection; barely i am getting around 270 - 290 Mbps... 

Is there any settings that i need to modify to get maximum speed.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 4

I haven't looked at the C6900 specifically, but you should get more than 270~290 downstream bandwidth on the 5Ghz broadcast. 

Are you getting "full speed" on wired connections?

Please disable, QoS, SMART Connnect and / or Traffic Meter if enabled.  Restart the modem and retest. 

Also suggest you not use "Auto" for broadcast channel and select something "open" or the least used in proximity to others.  See my other post here.

Others have also recommended a modem reset after a speed increase, as the modem does do some relearning.  Not sure if this applies in your case.   

FW is pushed to the device duing registration and provisioning by the ISP.  You may want to check that you have the latest FW available for your device.  Here

However, I would expect this to affect your wired performance and not the wireless. Your issue is likely related to a setting or something else. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7