Yet another post about R6700v2 with disconnect issues. Reboot fixes it.

JohnPombrio
Aspirant

Yet another post about R6700v2 with disconnect issues. Reboot fixes it.

There has been a dozen posts here about the Netgear R6700v2 router disconnecting all devices and the only solution is cycling power. Mine happens when a computer wakes up from sleep and is immediately used to connect to the network. Pretty much a 100% chance of the router disconnecting and  the only way to get it to work is to run down to the basement and cycle power. Really is a pain. Reading all the other posts about this almost guarantees that a replacement modem is going to have the same issue. The QoS solution seems to work (turn on QoS and set computer to highest priority) but it drops the speed down from 950Mbps to 480Mbps so that is not a good solution. Waiting 5 minutes or so seems to let the router "catch up" to the DNS and prevents the dreaded "network down" from popping up in the notification area.

And yes Netgear, I have the latest firmware and have reset the modem to the original settings. The only device I have that is not normal is an Ooma telephone network. I am about ready to buy another brand and give this modem to someone who can use it without issues. Too late for a refund.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Jgallo
Aspirant

Re: Yet another post about R6700v2 with disconnect issues. Reboot fixes it.

Yea I've been having the same issues with this device. I'm about ready to sell this one and get a different router from a different brand.

I can't even set up the QoS because my Router resets before I can apply the settings.

I reset my router to the default settings to see if that fixes anything. 

Message 2 of 3
Bozotheclown54
Aspirant

Re: Yet another post about R6700v2 with disconnect issues. Reboot fixes it.

After any number of disruptions and NETGEAR taking no responsibility until I buy a device contract for $89, I simplified my issue by throwing my router at the wall. Problem resolved
Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements