Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Your Recommendations for Modems/ Routers in 2021

dace99
Follower

Your Recommendations for Modems/ Routers in 2021

I searched and found several posts about routers and they were either just talking about one router or just links to articles.

I wanted us to make a post where everyone could post about their recommended router and modem whether it is newer or a classic. Recommendations on what your favorite current firmware you're running. I am interested in hearing what people have liked or didn't like with their current gear.

If you could post with recommendations for multiple budgets like a under 100, under 250, 500 range, etc.

I think it would help a lot of people to have it in one place (including myself as I am looking to get a new modem and r o u

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Your Recommendations for Modems/ Routers in 2021

For AC routers, I highly recommend the R7800 with Voxel firmware and kamoj addon

For AX routers, I recommend the RAX43

For modems, I don't know since I'm not able to use my own modem with my ISP

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

who's your isp and what speeds do you pay for/anticipate paying for? 

In terms of router, what size is your home, what is it made of, and what do you use it for? 

Recommendations can change a lot based on these variables as sometimes its better to go with a single router solution and others its better to use a mesh system. There's been a lot of "renewed' mesh systems lately (and router) so there's more options if you're willing to go renewed. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If your on Cable ISP, NGs CM series modems are solid modems. 

Message 4 of 5
Kitsap
Master

I have been running a R7800 with Voxel firmware for several years.  Solid performance.  Recently purchased a CM2050V modem and have been running it for several months.  Solid performance on Comcast so far.

I live in an area with frequent power outages.  Both the modem and the router receive AC from an uninterruptable power supply.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7