Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Your favorite R7500v2 Firmware Version

rstorms20
Aspirant

Your favorite R7500v2 Firmware Version

Hi, I've been very frustrated with the last 3 updates for my R7500v2 Router. They drastically changed my ping speed and my network speed altogether. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am currently using version  1.0.3.24 because it is the best one I can find. Has anyone found a better solution? 

Thank you

Rick

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Re: Your favorite R7500v2 Firmware Version

@rstorms20 wrote:

Hi, I've been very frustrated with the last 3 updates for my R7500v2 Router.

Tried a factory reset after each firmware upgrade?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies

@rstorms20 wrote:

Hi, I've been very frustrated with the last 3 updates for my R7500v2 Router.

Tried a factory reset after each firmware upgrade?

Message 2 of 9
rstorms20
Aspirant

I had that thought yesterday so I did a factory reset and it worked!! Thanks for responding. It definitely took care of my problems.
Message 3 of 9

That's good news. And yet some people still refuse to try it.

Netgear should make this ppssibility clearer in the release notes.

Message 4 of 9
rstorms20
Aspirant

I agree it should say something like "for best performance results do a factory reset after an update."

I find this to be true for pretty much everything now days, especially smart phones and PC's.
Message 5 of 9
myersw
Master

I always view the reset after an update as not needed in most cases, at least mine. THAT SAID, if there is an issue after the update then a reset is in order as things do seem to change that break old configurations. One important thing DO NOT use an old backup after a reset as you will put things back the way they were before the update. 

Message 6 of 9
Sonofasheperd
Aspirant

Hi guys, I hope it is ok to continue this post. I'm having similar issues. My PS4 is almost unplayable until I do a hard reset then it gets better. But the next day it's bad again. Qos was not checked in mine after the update. I'm lost as to where to look next. Any idea?
Message 7 of 9
rstorms20
Aspirant

I also have still had disconnect issues since I did a reset. Right now I have qos off because either seems to work better. I tried when using qos to even lower my internet speed a lot lower than actual and still had the same problem.
Message 8 of 9

@Sonofasheperd wrote:
Hi guys, I hope it is ok to continue this post. I'm having similar issues.

Probably not. The original issue is marked as solved, so there won't be many people hanging around for more news. That is certainly likely to be the case for the Netgear team, which is busy trying to follow new and unsolved discussion.

Then there is the absence of much useful information from you. Firmware version? Modem? Tried the reset that fixed it for the person who asked the question?

You might do better to start a new discussion with answers to these and the other questions that Netgear asks in its header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7