Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Zoom "Your internet connection is unstable" and wifi signal has weakened

YoAdrienne
Follower

Zoom "Your internet connection is unstable" and wifi signal has weakened

Hello dear Netgear Community!

I have a Nighthawk R6700v.3 Router. For awhile now, every 10 minutes or so, the audio from a zoom call drops for about 30 seconds and the I receive the "Your Internet Connection Is Unstable" error message from Zoom when it is a large zoom call with videos on. I had Spectrum Cable come out and check several times. I live in Manhattan and my cable signal is exceptional.

I've lived with it for this past pandemic year, but about 4 weeks ago or so, my wifi signal started degrading, too. YouTube videos stop streaming/buffering, pages don't load, and i'm sitting right behind a wall from my router. This new behavior is unsettling. I've switched channels and did the basic troubleshooting that Netgear says to do.

I have the cable from my modem go into my router and then a cable from my router into my computer. So yesterday, I decided to run the cable straight from my modem to my computer and et voila, no Zoom audio droppage and no error messages. SO, it is not my cable box or service and for sure the Netgear router.

I have a friend who is a mobility expert and he says that these routers may just stop working well after 3 years or so. That's a ridiculously short period of time for such an expensive device, IMHO.

I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions to see if it is something that is flixable?

Many thanks!

p.s. QOS is off. SIP-ALG is disabled.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7