ac1750 r6700v2 security question reset, tried reset button on back and nothing

97redgsx
Follower

ac1750 r6700v2 security question reset, tried reset button on back and nothing

hey guys, I want to reset my password and to do so I have to answer the security questions, and I dont remember the answers, I tried the reset button on the back and it didnt help, It didnt change anything

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: ac1750 r6700v2 security question reset, tried reset button on back and nothing

There is a bug in some devices in Netgear's implementation of password recovery. You can get locked into a close loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process because you can't answer the questions.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

There is a support for the R6700v2, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>> R6700V2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E