ac1900 Nighthawk not functioning correctly after forced firmware upgrade from comcast

RemoWak
Aspirant

ac1900 Nighthawk not functioning correctly after forced firmware upgrade from comcast

I have a nighthawk modem/router. When I tried to upgrade my internet service to gigabit comcast forced a firmware upgrade on the modem. The problem i have is that the update ruined my modem so now its connection to the network is spotty at best and the ethernet ports no longer work and the wifi sometimes refuses connections. Is there a way to restore the original firmware?   

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: ac1900 Nighthawk not functioning correctly after forced firmware upgrade from comcast

Firmware for cable modems is down to the ISP.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
RemoWak
Aspirant

Re: ac1900 Nighthawk not functioning correctly after forced firmware upgrade from comcast

Factory reset was the first thing I tried. The difficulty is the modem is docsis 3.0 and they forced new 3.1 firmware onto it. Not only that the previous firmware was netgear firmware and this new one makes it look like a comcast supplied modem when you login. I just want what was originally on the modem when it came out the box. I would rather not spend another $300 if I can help it.
Message 3 of 4

Sounds like you are in the hands of your ISP.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E