Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

access control

lerkb
Follower

access control

This was discussed 4 years ago, but I am hoping Netgear got smarter in the interim. I use access control so that no one else can get to  my router or my devices, even if they hack the other security. My router doesn't seem to do that, so access control is worthless. I want to secure my system, not just internet access. It seems Netgear has access control and parental control confused. Access control seems useless for what I need. Is there something else instead?

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: access control

@lerkb wrote:

I want to secure my system, not just internet access. It seems Netgear has access control and parental control confused. Access control seems useless for what

Which version of parental controls is that? Netgear has several and is removing the "free" service that came with some routers.

What is you understanding of access control? Again, there are many ways of interpreting that.

What do you men by "secure my system"? From what?

Netgear's Armor claims all manner of protection, if you are prepared to pay a subscription for it.

Whatever you want to achieve, don't expect much from the R6120. It is a basic device that doesn't earn the NIghthawk label and has never had parental controls. I'd guess that it is also thin on access control.

Best place to ask about hat is here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk & Non-Orbi) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7