admin password reset not working

SFC1
Follower

admin password reset not working

Hi,  I'm trying to resent my admin password using www.routerlogin.net and entering the serial number, but when I click continue; nothing happens.  How can I reset the password (I have forgotten it).  Any help is appreciated.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Thinkster
Apprentice

Re: admin password reset not working

Try doing the procedure in a different browser or if worse comes to worse, do a factory reset.

Message 2 of 9

@SFC1 wrote:

Hi,  I'm trying to resent my admin password using www.routerlogin.net and entering the serial number, but when I click continue; nothing happens.

Is this password recovery?

Did you set that up in the first place?

There is a bug in some devices in Netgear's implementation of password recovery. You can get locked into a close loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process because you can't answer the questions.

As @Thinkster says, if nothing works and the standard factory password (password) does not let you in, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Check the bits on factory settings.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 9
Burmanoid
Tutor

I had the same problem, the html in the router password recovery built-in web page has a bug, I got past it using Chrome developer tools.  Whenever I couldn't click on a grey button I did this ( think 3 buttons had to be edited).

1) fill in the form

2) right mouse click on grey button and choose Inspect

3) in right window near cursor find  "disabled" (button attribute) click on it to highlight, delete word and press return

4) you can now click on the grey button

Yay!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 9
DQu
Aspirant
Aspirant

This tip worked!! Thanks so much, saved my R7000 from being flung out the window.

Cheers!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 5 of 9
AndyTenland
Aspirant

Had the same issue with the continue button.  Thanks for the fix Burmanoid.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 6 of 9
Notafan555
Aspirant

I tried this, but am not able to delete the word “disabled”. I’m not very close-savvy.
Message 7 of 9

@Notafan555 wrote:
I tried this, but am not able to delete the word “disabled”.

Type over it?

But this sounds like everyone is seeing the password recovery window. (See above.)

Have you tried the factory reset?

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you do that, the password recovery window should go away. Instead you will see the routerlogin window.

You don't say what you hardware is. It almost certainly is not the is not the A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in other footers. The people with that just clicked the first thing that popped up when they wrote their messages without thinking what they were doing.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 8 of 9
AndyTenland
Aspirant

Or it could have been a mistake that happened because we don't use this forum very often and didn't know we needed to be careful for false positives.  You know an honest mistake by people that were trying to give input to help the community, rather that something that happened because we are mindless.

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E