Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

admin password

b11
Aspirant
Aspirant

admin password

I just rest my router and trying to go through the setup process.  When i get to where i need to login to my orbi and admin is the username, I try "password" as the password and it keeps telling me its wrong. I tried the Network key password, my password for my orbi account, and nothing is working. Please help.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: admin password

logging into the wifi or the gui? 

if you haven't change it the defaults are:

login: admin

password: password

make sure there's no spaces and its all lower case. Make sure any password managers are disabled. 

You could also try another browser/pc

Message 2 of 6
b11
Aspirant
Aspirant

wifi. And i have already tried using password as the password. And you can't change the username from admin so I don't know what else to put as the password.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

it should have the wifi password on the label. 

but you can always hardwire a pc/laptop into the router and log into it and view/change the ssid. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

Message 4 of 6
b11
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't have to do with the wifi.  I am just trying to login to the orbi during the setup.  The admin is the username and none of the passwords are working. I tried everything on the back of the orbi and also used password (what it should be) as my password.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Reset it again. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. the lights should blink/flash when held long enough. 

That'll get you back to the default login to the router. not the wifi. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7