Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

admin password

DaveNarloch
Follower

admin password

hello!

Trying to reset my network name on my Gghz network.

On my laptop, I goto routerlogin.net and I have logged into my account using my email address and a new password.

Eveything points me to the app, which I have downloaded.

The nighthawk app on my iPhone defaults to "admin" and asks me for my password.

I tried using the same password I used on my laptop - but does not work.

I tried using the default password on the bottom of my R7000 - that does not work.

Despite several decades working in IT, this simple login issues seems to forever torment me.

On the app, the username is 'admin'.

On my laptop (the web), the username is my email address.

Are these passwords supposed to be the same? (should I be able to use the same password for 'admin' (on the app) and on the web (routerlogin.net) using my email address? ---- or are they seperate and potentially can be different?)

Goal:

get logged in and get to the dashboard so I can rename my 5Ghz network and then begin to use that faster network.

seems like a big circular endless loop..... website points me to the nighthawk app, the app seems to point me to the web to change my password. confused.

thank you for your help.

-Dumbest guy on the planet

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: admin password

@DaveNarloch wrote:

Are these passwords supposed to be the same? (should I be able to use the same password for 'admin' (on the app) and on the web (routerlogin.net) using my email address? ---- or are they seperate and potentially can be different?)

No, there is a _local_ router login username admin (fixed default username) and a _cloud_ account (for Access Anywhere, for ReadyCloud over the Internet) ... but not for the local login - thus the App does require for the admin password, too.

Complete new to me the routerlogin.net does require (or even allows) using the Netgear cloud login with the email username - using admin and my local admin password here:

routerlogin_net_admin_password.PNG

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7