Re: afp connect - osx 10.10.1

tlegru
Tutor

afp connect - osx 10.10.1

Hello

since the upgrade to yosemite 10.10.1 .. can't connect using afp to the router (R7000) to enable time machine backups..

trying the basic afp://routerlogin.net - try to log as "guest" .. error: not supported version of the server...
was working perfectly before.

anybody same issue ? any idea for a solution ?

thanks
Message 1 of 6
Riversub
Novice

I'm having the same issue with a brand new extended Journal formatted USB drive and unfortunately have not been able to resolve.

I can connect to the disk by browsing the "shared" network from the finder but this is unfortunately not enough to satisfy time machine. The disk does not appear in the list when trying to configure through system preferences.
Message 2 of 6
LPA
Novice
Novice

Hi,
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro 15inch, I just upgraded from Lion to Yosemite, and just purchased the Nighthawk R7000, and an external USB drive which I reformatted to be able to do Time Machine backups.
I had some hickups at first (still do), but I was able to log-in/do TM backups by this: don't use the Guest account, but rather the sign-in account with your router login info. So the username is "admin" (unless you changed the router info) and your router's administrative PW.
Have you tried that?
Message 3 of 6
tlegru
Tutor

just tried..

didn't work Smiley Sad

waiting for new firmware and hope Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
tlegru
Tutor

Message 5 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

For any issues with Yosemite and Time machine, please create a ticket for support team.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements