anyone else have issues since netgear sent an email on GUI potential password breach?

schaef
Aspirant

anyone else have issues since netgear sent an email on GUI potential password breach?

I followed all instructions on the email to 'close the breach gap' until they resolve and push out an update. Internet is working on devices when I hard wire but not on wireless. Reset about 20 times over the last week and still not all devices are able to access. Netflix and smart TV don't work. Now the password does not work and I have to enter an IP address to get into genie functions. also no drop down for reset password and for entering in the security answers I just built. What a mess - do i just need to get some other router? I thoughtthis one was supposed to be able to get good service. It stinks. And of course they have an known defect and cannot get any support if I do not pay for it since warrantee is past 90 days.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: anyone else have issues since netgear sent an email on GUI potential password breach?

Hello @schaef

Welcome to the community!

You may want to update your router to the latest firmware available or reflash the firmware if you already have upgraded to the latest one.

Once you have done that, you may want to do a factory reset on the unit and reconfigure the settings.

Doing a factory reset will restore its settings to default so you will have to input your desired settings once again.

After the router has been configured, connect your wireless devices.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements