Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

asemahsamad@hotmail.com

Asemah
Aspirant

asemahsamad@hotmail.com

Hello

i am writing for some help please

My Netgear routerlogin online page keeps saying that my login info will be sent unencrypted so it’s not even sending my login info privately with encryption. I am not happy about this and would please like to know how to fix this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have the latest firmware update on the router. It also says the same message when I try other browsers like chrome.

Spoiler

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: asemahsamad@hotmail.com

Only time you need a secure connection is if your accessing the routers web page from a remote location on the WAN side. HTTPS should be used and should work well. When your at home, HTTP is ok to use and nothing to worry about. If your the only one managing the router, then your fine. 

Browsers are just making you aware of the possible problem. They will do that if your accessing a site even on the WAN side to make you aware of possible issues. Like if you access a bank site, should always be HTTPS. Bank will not allot HTTP for example. 

Your fine. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Add or allow the connection in the browser. It's ok if it's secure or not secure. its only on the LAN side of the Router. Nothing happening from the WAN side. 

Message 2 of 6
Asemah
Aspirant

Ok thank you. I noticed the login always says user login will not be encrypted and similar message when I tried to set up plex was a bit worried.

So everything is ok I don’t need to change any settings?

Thank you
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Only time you need a secure connection is if your accessing the routers web page from a remote location on the WAN side. HTTPS should be used and should work well. When your at home, HTTP is ok to use and nothing to worry about. If your the only one managing the router, then your fine. 

Browsers are just making you aware of the possible problem. They will do that if your accessing a site even on the WAN side to make you aware of possible issues. Like if you access a bank site, should always be HTTPS. Bank will not allot HTTP for example. 

Your fine. 

Message 4 of 6
Asemah
Aspirant

Thank you very much appreciate your explanation.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements