Re: bandwidth limiter for r9000

vipmusic
Follower

bandwidth limiter for r9000

hi

very pissed off....no bandwidth limiter......I have beta firmware for the qos.....it sucks.

How do I limited bandwidth for a specific device or application????

I want to set my sons bandwidth up load and download to a very low amount so he will go outside and get fresh air.....

Please netgear help a paying customer........I will never buy another netgear product if this is not fixed

any help from community would be great????????

frustrated dad who spent a lot of money for r9000 and feel very cheated

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @vipmusic

There's no really bandwidth limiter per device feature on the router.

The closest feature that you could use is the QoS. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 6
Iluv2PCgame
Tutor

There is no substitute for good parenting.  You can't possibly depend upon hardware features for doing your job as a parent.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Also give parental controls a try. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW)/RBK853 AP Mode v3.2.18.1
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 4 of 6
Scorpio1377
Initiate

I'm tired of this answer. Wth is the problem? If we paid closed to 500 dollars I expect the following.

1.American tech support- tired of calling netgear and while other company give 1 year phone support netgear only give 90 days. Then to top it off it's with some other country that barely speaks English and seem to read off a script. If you ask anything they put you in hold continuously to consult a real tech.

2. The be better parents- Seriously if I paid closed to 500 for a router, what's the big deal on adding bandwidth controls. At that price the router should toast bread, dance , tell me jokes , and wine and dine me.

I'm seriously considering sending my x10 nighthawk back to Amazon for a full refund and going with dlink or some other manufacturer . As of now I'm very displeased that a router that supposed to be your best of the best is lacking feature your customer want and the best answer I see in many post is "be better parents".

PARENTS maybe the right answer is go to another manufacturer.
Message 5 of 6
Iluv2PCgame
Tutor

Netgear only cares about profit. They only need consumers to do that for them. Customer service is nearly non-existent. They hire completely unqualified people at the lowest possible wages in 3rd world countries. Why are we surprised that any for of customer support comes from late and vague responses hidden with forum chats?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements