Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

blazing signal but nest thermostat wont connect

llzenglish
Follower

blazing signal but nest thermostat wont connect

install a breeze. when i search for extended wi fi signal I see 3 that start off with 58G74. Two have strong signals other very poor. I have tried to connect nest learning tstat but no good . How do i tell which network to use? any hints on how to get nest thermostat tied in! Thanks. john c

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: blazing signal but nest thermostat wont connect

Typically IOT devices will want to connect to the 2.4 ghz network since they use little bandwidth and the signal is typically stronger on the 2.4ghz network.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4

Which Netgear device are we talking about here?

@llzenglish wrote:

any hints on how to get nest thermostat tied in!

Ask Nest? After all, it made the thing and the setup apps.

Or search this community for "Nest".

What happens when you try to make the connection.

Message 3 of 4
wwwXpert
Tutor

There's a known connectivity issue with the Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Gen. If your thermostat fails to detect any WiFi networks and you get the "w5 error", the only solution is to contact Google Nest support for warranty replacement via

Twitter dot com /  GoogleNestHelp

Don't bother using the Google warranty claims web form which went unanswered for a week.

Google Nest Support on Twitter responded within a few minutes.

I tried everything from resetting my router to resetting the Nest Learning Thermostat. I went through the steps with Google Nest support, checked all the voltages which were within operating specifications and still got the "w5 error"

For warranty replacement, you'll receive an email to order a replacement from the Google store. You'll need a Google account with a payment method setup to purchase the replacement. Google will place a hold on your payment method until you return the defective product. The email will also have a return shipping label for you to ship back the defective product.

Hope this helps and saves others from spending too much time on this.

if someone had posted something similar to this for me, it would have saved me several hours of troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7