Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: bug with the last main upda R7000-V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

raynaldca53
Tutor

bug with the last main upda R7000-V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

Since the last main update R7000-V1.0.6.28_1.1.83, the network does not work any more with encryption. But it works very well if I remove the encryption. The invited network works  very well with or without encryption. Why?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

The latest version appears to need a factory reset before it will work properly.  Re-enter the settings by hand.  Do not restore settings from a backup file or you will undo the effects of the factory reset.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The latest version appears to need a factory reset before it will work properly.  Re-enter the settings by hand.  Do not restore settings from a backup file or you will undo the effects of the factory reset.

Message 2 of 12
raynaldca53
Tutor

thank you....

Message 3 of 12
jzachary
Aspirant

I am facing the same issue. I will try the factory reset tonight.

Previously

I was able to connect some devices only with network security. Some will not connect with network security and i have to use a guest network without security to connect.

Current - The wireless will not work with any security. It is working without security.

Has anyone got a suggestion to try to have all the devices connect with security settings ? ( I will try the factory reset tonight)

Thanks all for your help and suggestions

Message 4 of 12
raynaldca53
Tutor

try the factory reset and Re-enter the settings by hand and for me the R7000 work properly

Message 5 of 12
jzachary
Aspirant

I tried the factory resent and spent lots of time re-entering the settings. Through this procedure i was able  to connect most of the devices to the router.  I still have some devices which will not connect to my netgear router with PSK security. However it will connect other routers. Let me keep going and try to concentrate on another problem which is of high priority now.

One thing which broke in the process is the Parental controls. It is no more working.

With lots of research about how to make NetGenie to work. I was able to install and get NetGenie to work on the windows 10 computer.  However, i am getting the below message in NetGenie, when i try to connect to opendns

This device appears to be registered with another OpenDNS user . Please visit ....faq15 and we will get this sorted out as quickly as possible. 

Now i do not have any support plans and do not want to purchase one to get this fixed. With my experience with netgear, spending several hours with the technicians to fix the same kind of issue in the past, i do not have the time now.

Is there any solutions you can recommend ?

Thanks for all your help on this.

Best regards

Message 6 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi jzachary,

If this issues happens using the latest firmware and you have done factory reset and manually reconfigure the router, you may try to revert to previous firmware v1.0.4.30. Reset the router after loading the previous firmware.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/R7000#searchResults

Message 7 of 12
jzachary
Aspirant

Do you by chance know what this error is and  why this is happening ?

Message 8 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi jzachary,

The router might have been registered already to a different OpenDNS account. Someone might enabled the LPC already for your router.

Message 9 of 12
temujin
Guide

Hi, what types of things get lost when doing the factory reset?
I don't have any port mapping setup, but do ahve a number of devices that I reserved their IPs, and I have 2 home theater pcs and 3 other pcs and a laptop that are on the network.
The router currently has the deafault 192.168.1.1 address, assuming that wouldn't change.

I use the shortcut to access the router login via http://www.routerlogin.com/, will that admin password change too?
Will wifi password need to be re-setup?
Thanks, just trying to minimize the impact this might have and prepare for all the info I'll need before I reset it

Message 10 of 12
rpoffen
Virtuoso

After a factory reset, pretty much all settings need to be redone..

WiFi settings, authentication type, passwords, channels, etc.

Port forwarding

Admin password (I believe after the reset the default password is "password").

IP reservations

MAC filtering (why anyone would use it though is beyond me)

ReadyShare settings

QoS settings (again, many people use it incorrectly)

Parental controls

dynamic DNS

I am sure there are more, but you get the idea.

Message 11 of 12
temujin
Guide

Thanks, that helps a lot...definitely good to prepare before doing this then.

Appreciate it.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7