can not reset admin password

angry6
Tutor

can not reset admin password

I have tried holding down the reset button for longer than the suggested 10 seconds to reset my router. I have also tried to change the password on the website but i do not know the answers to the questions. Is there anything else i can do to reset the admin password for my router. i know this will set the router back to out of the box condition.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: can not reset admin password

@angry6 wrote:

I have tried holding down the reset button for longer than the suggested 10 seconds to reset my router.

The device was turned on?

You could try this:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
angry6
Tutor

Tried that reset process a few times and i still can't get the router to reset to factory settings. I dont know what else to try.

Message 3 of 6

Can you take us through what is happening?

What do the lights look like on your device when you press the reset "button".

What happens after you do this and try to access the router's browser interface?

I am slightly puzzled by this comment in your first message:

I have also tried to change the password on the website but i do not know the answers to the questions.

Which website is this?

The browser interface is not a website, a place out on the world wide web. It is an html page that shows in your browser.  But there is the website for Mynetgear. That is something completely different.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 6
angry6
Tutor

Www.routerlogin.net was the website I have tried to go to and reset my admin password but I do not remember the information for that site. I have tried holding the reset button while unplugging my router and that doesn’t seem to help either. I am at a loss for what to try next.

Message 5 of 6

@angry6 wrote:

I have tried holding the reset button while unplugging my router ...

Just press the reset "button" with the power on.

Remember, there are probably a couple of passwords on the back. One is for wifi, the other is for the control interface R7000.

How about answering the questions in my previous reply? The lights, for example, what is happening there?

There's not such thing as too much information.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E