× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't access ReadyNas Pro 6 because it's still using SMBv1

Munber54
Aspirant

can't access ReadyNas Pro 6 because it's still using SMBv1

Hi. I have 2 ReadyNas Pro 6. but I can't access them because they are still using SMBv1. Looks like my model number is ReadyNASRNDP6000v2. When i open RAIDar and click on "about" it says my RAIDar version is 4.3.0, although when i open the RAIDar window, on the far right of both of the listed ReadyNas Pro 6 there is a number that says 4.2.28...and i took a screenshot of when i was installing it, and the screenshot says Firmware: RAIDiator 4.2.22. So my question is, is it easy to upgrade the software so ReadyNas Pro 6 is using the SMBv2? Would upgrading the RAIDar software do that or do i have to somehow upgrade software on each of my two ReadyNas Pro 6, and should i back up all the files before doing that? I'd need to buy more hard drives to back up the files, then from doing a bit of reading i see that to backup all the files I would need to first allow windows 10 to use the SMBv1 version. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Model: RNDP6630D|ReadyNAS Pro 6 18TB (6 x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: can't access ReadyNas Pro 6 because it's still using SMBv1

The best approach is to convert the Pro-6 systems to run OS-6 firmware.  Then you'd have SMB 3 (as well as other features).  Netgear doesn't support this (meaning that paid support wouldn't be available to you after the conversion).  But many here have done the conversion.  It is destructive, so you would need to have a full backup of your NAS.  We can provide more detailed instructions if that is the path you choose.

As far as Windows 10 goes, it is easy to enable the SMB 1 client - just go into "turn windows features on or off".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: can't access ReadyNas Pro 6 because it's still using SMBv1

The best approach is to convert the Pro-6 systems to run OS-6 firmware.  Then you'd have SMB 3 (as well as other features).  Netgear doesn't support this (meaning that paid support wouldn't be available to you after the conversion).  But many here have done the conversion.  It is destructive, so you would need to have a full backup of your NAS.  We can provide more detailed instructions if that is the path you choose.

As far as Windows 10 goes, it is easy to enable the SMB 1 client - just go into "turn windows features on or off".

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements