Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot edit address reservation table

fed_up123
Aspirant

cannot edit address reservation table

brand new, latest firmware, cannot edit the device name in the address reservation table. It allows editing but when you do "apply" you get a "400 error cannot honor request" This worked on my old router (WNDR4500). Spent over an hour w/ phoine support--they were useless and could NOT elevate the case to a higher tier. I can change the IP address associated w/ the MAC address, new IP shoiwes up in table, BUT IT DOES NOT WORK, ie the IP address does not change when you re-boot the MAC address device.

THIS FLAW MAKES THE R7000 USELESS!!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Re: cannot edit address reservation table

Have you tried to delete the reservation line in its entirety and then add it back in with the new address?

Have you rebooted both the router and the MAC address device?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What browser are you using? Try a different browser.

Message 3 of 6
fed_up123
Aspirant

There is no way to delete an entry which does not exist. A different browser makes no difference.

This is a BUG and Netgear refuses to acknowlege it or elevate the problem. They just sent a r

"reminer" e-mail about the open case, WITH A BROKEN LINK IN IT!!!!

Message 4 of 6
fed_up123
Aspirant

Spent another hour on the phone w/ "free" phone support . Was told that the router was WRONG when it said the firmware was up-to-date. Was direcdted to netgear.com/support/download which indicated there was newer firmware. Downloaded and installed---NO DIFFERENCE. I think the router not being able to detect the latest firmware is ANOTEHR BUG.

I was told to do a "factory reset". Did that and spent a lot of time re-entering settings. Still problems w/ edit address reservation table.

Thru trial and error determined YOU CAN ONLY ENTER ONE ENTRY in the address reservation table, then you must do an "Apply" which is SLOW. Then you can do another entry. Also, you can ONLY EDIT ONE FIELD in the MAC--IP--dedvice name entry at a time. This is completely different (and seripously deficient) from the WNDR4500 behavior. You could enter an entire IP allocation scheme and then do "
Apply".

The R7000 is pretty deficient if you want to manage ypur IP allocations.

Still cannot get Netgear to acknowlege they have bugs in their S/W (and they are taking NO STEPS TO CORRECT THEM).

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 6
Kitsap
Master

From the for what it is worth department.

I have an R7000 that was bought right after they were introduced and the same for an R7800.

From the very beginning with either device you could only edit/enter one item at a time on both the IP reservation and MAC address restrict tables.  You had to save the entry after each one.

It is not unusual for the check for updates button results in the GUI to trail the actual release of new firmware by several weeks or more.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7