cant login or reset button disabled
I have a Nighthawrk R7000 and i had installed dd-wrt onto it after a while i had disabled the reset button but then recently found my login credentials will not work and since I had disabled reset button i cant press that and have done the 30/30/30 reset a few times but am afraid of bricking my router. I would like some advice or help to reset my router so i can keep editing my settings as i once was. Thanks in advance for the help!
Re: cant login or reset button disabled
ONLY WAY TO REGAIN IS TO TFTP ORGINAL FIRMWARE VIA TFTP PROCESS IN THE NETGEAR KB PAGE.
To reinstall the firmware:
- Download the latest firmware for the router, from http://support.netgear.com. It may download as a .zip file, containing the firmware and some documentation. Unzip it.
- Download the TFTP client software “tftp2.exe”, which can be downloaded from http://www.shadowsoftware.net/shadowgameworld/downloads/.
For Mac users, please download the software on this link: http://download.cnet.com/MacTFTP-Client/3000-18508_4-5707.html
- To do these downloads, you may be able to access the internet by connecting the computer directly to the cable modem, or you may have to use another router or another internet connection.
- Connect the computer to the router and assign a static IP of the router's default range (192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x) on the LAN connection.
- If you ping the router's IP you should be getting replies now.
- Now run the tftp2.exe file that was downloaded earlier.
- In the Server field, enter the default IP of the router.
- In the Password field, enter the default password of the router.
- In the File field, browse and locate the firmware file that was downloaded earlier.
- Turn the router off for 10 seconds and turn it back on.
- While the router is still in the boot process (ie. Power light is still 'amber') click Upgrade and wait for the process to be completed.
- Once the process is complete, the power light will turn steady green.