Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cm1200 & R7000 intermittently dropping internet connection but wifi is still on

ledzep60
Tutor

cm1200 & R7000 intermittently dropping internet connection but wifi is still on

Hello, maybe someone can help with this issue. I have a CM1200 modem and R7000 wifi router. Over the past 4 weeks we will loose internet connection but the wifi is on. Every device we have is wireless. We have 3 firesticks and 1 firecube, 3 laptops and 3 iphones. When the internet connection drops all devices are affected. The internet light on the CM1200 is on solid, the internet light on the R7000 is blinking as normal, yet we have no internet connection. The R7000 is updted to the latest version and our cable provider is Spectrum. They have checked the modem and it is at the correct version. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

thanks

Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: cm1200 & R7000 intermittently dropping internet connection but wifi is still on

what actual firmware is on the r7000?

What fixes the issue? 

Message 2 of 11
ledzep60
Tutor

the latest 1.0.11.122

Message 3 of 11
ledzep60
Tutor

The issue isn't fixed, still happens many times a day. Spectrum has been   here 3 times and tested the line right up to the modem and found no issues. But like normal when they are here everything works and the last tech was here it  dropped within 10 minutes after he left.

Message 4 of 11
ledzep60
Tutor

Had Spectrum tech out on Thursday afternoon. He was here over 3 hours and ran a new line from the box on the house to the drop with the modem. Also made a new drop cable from wall to CM1200. Still getting intermittent dropping of internet. It is happenig now only once a day but no indication of the lights on eother the CM1200 / R7000. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can try?

thanks

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

So you need to determine if its the modem or the router.

directly wire a pc/laptop to the modem and use it for long enough to determine if its the modem or not. 

If it stays steady for the peior of time it normally drops, then its a router issue. 

Then we work on firmware/router problems. 

If it doesn't stay stable, then you'd look at the modem

Message 6 of 11
ledzep60
Tutor

Setting up a laptop and connecting it to the modem. Will test and see when the issue occurs if the laptop can connect to the internet. I had thought of these but with so much going the plave 2 days I forgot. thanks

Message 7 of 11
ledzep60
Tutor

Well, it didn't take long for it to fail. Lost internet over wifi to the TVs and laptops. The laptop that I wired to the modem also lost internet. I need to contact netgear support as this modem was purchased on Nov. 24th 2020

Message 8 of 11
ledzep60
Tutor

Just an update, After talking with support without going to the gearheads. I figured out that I hadn't tried a factory reset on the R7000 router. I did this and everything has been running better than before. It has been over 3 days with no issues.

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

sometimes its the simple things

Message 10 of 11

@ledzep60 wrote:

I figured out that I hadn't tried a factory reset on the R7000 router. I did this and everything has been running better than before.

It is witchcraft.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7