Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connecting 2 5g routers into 1 switch or router to get doubel speed

borezega
Aspirant

connecting 2 5g routers into 1 switch or router to get doubel speed

hi I just want to know if Netgear have any switch or router that can combine 2 5G routers to get double the speed of the internet like bonding them together like 500Mbp + 500Mbp = 1Gigabit speed and thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english

Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

Re: connecting 2 5g routers into 1 switch or router to get doubel speed

it doesn't, at least not wired. LAN ports on all NG routers are at most 1 Gbps. There are switches but they're rather expensive. Still, if your router is maxing out at 1 Gbps per port, there's little sense in buying a multi-Gbps switch

Message 2 of 7
borezega
Aspirant

so theres no way to combine 2 isps for double the speed 😞

Message 3 of 7
microchip8
Master

Combining 2 (different) ISPs? Very hard to do on NETGEAR routers, if at all. Link aggregation works only with one connection - it's difficult to maintain multiple connections, at least my experience tells me while using it on ASUS routers. Even if you managed to do it, you'll still be limited by the 1 Gbps LAN ports of the router. 

You should look into commercial routers instead of consumer ones.. They may be more costly, but may provide what you're looking for. Check out Ubiquiti, Mikrotik and Cisco. These combined with (multiple) WiFi access points may do the job. (it may require a lot of configuration and fine tuning to make it optimal, though. it's not a "click, click, click solution")

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

@borezega wrote:

so theres no way to combine 2 isps for double the speed 😞

There are routers that support WAN load balancing/failover. 

Netgear has some but they're business class equipment. 

The rare consumer router supports it. You'd be looking for dual wan capable routers with failover/load balancing. 

Message 5 of 7
borezega
Aspirant

loadbalencer and fileover dose not work for dobling the speed it only balance them 

Message 6 of 7
borezega
Aspirant

and thank you for the info i try it @microchip8 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements