Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connecting D7800 to the internet

SDJ123
Follower

connecting D7800 to the internet

Hi, I am trying to connect my D7800 modem router to the internet. My ISP is TalkTalk business. Their huwei provided modem router connects to the internet but is not very good:(. The D7800 keeps saying its connected to the internet (all lights white), but error message "cant connect to page", keeps coming up. Can anyone help?
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
JoseAndres041
Luminary

Re: connecting D7800 to the internet

Are you getting the correct WAN IP address? Could you ping a website or DNS?

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

are you going Huwei modem--->D7800    or are you just hooking up the D7800? 

If you're just hooking up the D7800 did you go in and manually enter the settings from your provider? Or contacted them for the settings?

this is just a quick google search so I'm not sure if their manual settings have changed. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

Message 3 of 5

@SDJ123 wrote:
Hi, I am trying to connect my D7800 modem router to the internet. My ISP is TalkTalk business.

VDSL?

Reset the D7800?

Message 4 of 5
Richywiseman
Aspirant

I came across this thread as I was also having issues connecting my D7800 to my ISP. This modem/router has been working for nearly 2 years without issue. Today I updated the firmware and couldn't connect to the internet. I had to install a firmware 3 reviosions back to get it to connect properly.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7