Re: connectivity issues since new firmware 1.0.4.2

abrookerhs
Guide

connectivity issues since new firmware 1.0.4.2

I have the R9000 — Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router.  Ever since I have upgraded the firmware to 1.0.4.2 - I have had nothing but connectivty problems on all devices.  I have to reboot the router several times each day.  It was PERFECT prior to this and I was getting over 200mbps all over the house.  Now as the hours pass, I end up down to 10mbps, reboot, and start all over again.  Several times per week I have no connectivity at all on any device, then reboot the router, and Im back in business.  PLEASE HELP!  Im a cord cutter and this is killing me.

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Have you done a factory reset?

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.84SF
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 5
abrookerhs
Guide

I have not.  I can try that tonight if you think that is my best option to start.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
KristinaS
Apprentice

@abrookerhs wrote:

I have the R9000 — Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router.  Ever since I have upgraded the firmware to 1.0.4.2 - I have had nothing but connectivty problems on all devices.  I have to reboot the router several times each day.  It was PERFECT prior to this and I was getting over 200mbps all over the house.  Now as the hours pass, I end up down to 10mbps, reboot, and start all over again.  Several times per week I have no connectivity at all on any device, then reboot the router, and Im back in business.  PLEASE HELP!  Im a cord cutter and this is killing me.

i wonder why people still are using ng fw for their x10 if there is very good alternative voxels fw. flash it and forget your problems. no reset is needed no reconfiguration. all your setting will be kept. even plex.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r9000.40125/

Message 4 of 5
mugopain
Guide

Be Adviced that voxels FW update will break LACP mode if you use it.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements