Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connectivity problem R7000

wabbak
Aspirant

connectivity problem R7000

I am in France and my internet connection sucks. But to at least not have any problems with wifi, I decided to buy a Nighthawk and not use my Orange modem, as the NH should have better antennas. The router is upstairs, downstaits I have 2 TP link extenders. Its an ancient house with walls that measure 50cm. Upstairs my mac and iPad have an okay connection. My Samsung phone will no longer connect!!! I see the different Ap's but it just won't connect. I go downstairs and its perfect. A few days ago it was no problem. But how is it possible that I see the Ap and it says it is strong but will not connect and only connects to much weaker extenders???? Please help, it is driving me crazy.

My connection on the Mac goes from 2 circles, or whatever you call them, to complete and that goes up and down. 5G will not connect. On another Mac, 5G will connect. How is this all possible?

This is an OSX El Capitan version

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: connectivity problem R7000

Hi wabbak,

Reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi wabbak,

Check for the firmware, make sure it is updated.

Try changing the channels of your wireless network.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi wabbak,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
wabbak
Aspirant

I updated the firmware, but I didn't change the channel, because I'm the only one hear, nobody else is on any channel, so that won't make a difference. I am on my MacBook, with WiFi connection. My phone is next to me and I do not have a connection. What is wrong???

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi wabbak,

Reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7