Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

d7000

psn
Follower
Follower

d7000

hi i recently updated firmware on nighthawlk d7000 v1  version 1.0.1.66_1.0.1 and ive been having massive wifi issues speed wise im woundering if anyone knows the best firmware for stable wifi please it be appriciated 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: d7000

> [...] i recently updated firmware on nighthawlk d7000 v1  version
> 1.0.1.66_1.0.1 and ive been having massive wifi issues speed wise
> [...]

V1.0.1.68_1.0.1 is available.  Define "massive wifi issues speed
wise".  (What's the mass of a "wifi issue speed wise"?)  Can you put any
numbers on that?  Do you have any reason to believe that any particular
firmware version is at fault?  If you believe that it worked better with
some older version, then you might try installing that older version.

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Downloads.  (For older versions, under Firmware and Software
Downloads, look for "View Previous Versions".)  Find the kit(s).
Download the kit(s) you want.  Read the "Release Notes" file for
instructions.

Message 2 of 3

Re: d7000

@psn wrote:

hi i recently updated firmware on nighthawlk d7000 v1  version 1.0.1.66_1.0.1 and ive been having massive wifi issues speed wise im woundering if anyone knows the best firmware for stable wifi please it be appriciated 

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash? Try that before you contemplate older firmware.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7