strubinsky
Guide

dd-wrt on 7300?

Is there already a dd-wrt port available? There are tons for the r7000 but since the chipset changed, it does not seem to be willing to load the r7000 dd-wrt firmware. ANY info is appreciated.

Thank you

g strubinsky

Model: R7300DST|AC1900 DST Router and DST Adapter
Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: dd-wrt on 7300?

Hi strubinsky,

You may check the dd-wrt forum if they have available one for R7000. Please be reminded that if you modify the firmware with 3rd party firmware, the warranty will be voided.

Message 2 of 9
strubinsky
Guide

Thank you for the reply.

I understand the warranty part Smiley Happy

The dd-wrt rt7000 firmware does not work on the 7300. The update refuses to execute the binary. (I read somewhere that the 7300 has a different chipset/cpu)

guenter

Message 3 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi strubinsky,

I think the reason it work because they are two different models. You may need to look for DD-WRT for R7300.

Message 4 of 9
strubinsky
Guide

The Netgear R7000 Nighthawk contains a  BCM4709 and utilizes two cores clocked at 1 GHz.
The Netgear R7300 contains a Broadcom BCM4709A dual core; CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 1GHz

​Are those two not binary compatible? They are of the same family.

guenter
Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi strubinsky,

If you are still referring to the DD-WRT firmware, I am not sure of that. For NETGEAR official firmwares, you cannot use R7000 firmware to any other model numbers. You may check with DD-WRT community if they have any suggestions with your case.

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi strubinsky.

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 7 of 9
gwlawson
Aspirant

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 21:06    Post subject:Reply with quote

2016.08.26. Friday 12:25: 

Since I received a bit of debug info from a R7300 user.

I can confirm that, the R7000 build won't work on the R7300, burning the R7000 boardid to the R7300 can permanently damage your unit. Unlike the R6700 which is identical to the R7000, this unit has a few differences that require proper detection+ customization.

A sample unit is required in this case.

copied from

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=300470&highlight=r7300

Message 8 of 9
chrisfarker
Aspirant

This is such a lame resposne from Netgear.

The datasheet boasts "OPEN SOURCE SUPPORT—Download open source firmware from www.myopenrouter.com"

Oh but dont follow through with one of the features listed on the datasheet because your warranty will be voided. 

Absurd. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements