Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

download speed 100mbps directly from modem but only getting 30 mbps from wi-fi or lan out of R7000P

mbrodnax
Aspirant

download speed 100mbps directly from modem but only getting 30 mbps from wi-fi or lan out of R7000P

Speed directly from modem is 100 megs. Speed to all devices our of router (both wi-fi and lan) is only 30 megs.

Have the latest firmware.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mbrodnax
Aspirant

Re: download speed 100mbps directly from modem but only getting 30 mbps from wi-fi or lan out of R70

Got it fixed with a factory reset. Thanks,

M

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: download speed 100mbps directly from modem but only getting 30 mbps from wi-fi or lan out of R70

What modem are you using? 

Firmware on the router? (not the latest, a number)

Is this a new install? An old setup but now having issues?

When did it start, what have you tried doing to fix it? 

Message 2 of 8
mbrodnax
Aspirant

Netgear R7000P Firmware: V1.3.1.64

Modem: Arris Touchstone CM8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Installed new modem yesterday after ISP bumped my speed from 25mbps to 200mbps.

Full new set up with directions from ISP tech support. Power off and correct set up sequences.

Not getting 200 mbps but only 93mbps and that's when connection is from modem to Macbook Pro 16". Once I put my router between the modem and my devices I get 32mbps on the cable connections and about 28mbps over Wi-Fi. Slower on 2.4gig than on the 5gig by 40%. The wired network goes from the Netgear modem through a Netgear gigabyte switch to about 19 locations throughout the house but only about 4 have a device connected. That switch is only about 4 months old.

Any other questions?

Thank,

Michael

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

did you try the factory reset and re-install? not just reboot but full erase? 

I've heard of qos settings being retained through a reboot. 

Message 4 of 8
labatt
Mentor

You say Not getting 200 mbps but only 93mbps and that's when connection is from modem to Macbook Pro 16".  I would start with that issue. You should be getting close to the 200 mbps when connected to the modem. Either an issue with the ISP provider or the MAC. What does the ISP say about the issue? 

Message 5 of 8
mbrodnax
Aspirant

Thanks, reset to factory settings and now I am getting the same 93mbps vial the lan and wi-fi as I get right out of the modem. Now I will go back to the ISP to find out why I am only getting 93 vs. the 200.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

93 seems to imply your running 10/100mbps. What modem are you using? Have you tried changing cables?
Message 7 of 8
mbrodnax
Aspirant

Got it fixed with a factory reset. Thanks,

M

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7