extender

extender

HD98
Aspirant

extender

I have two extenders , the first one that I have set up shos up as DREAM TEAM EXT_2 and EX_5 , but when I set the second one up it doesnt show anything at all , but all the lights will be green. How do I set it up where it will have its own set of identifiable properties so I can have certain things connected to each one.

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Re: extender

@HD98 wrote:

I have two extenders ...

Both set up as wifi repeaters? Or is there an access point in there?

@HD98 wrote:

the first one that I have set up shos up as DREAM TEAM EXT_2 and EX_5 , but when I set the second one up it doesnt show anything at all

Shows up in what? Do they both appear as connected  in whatever router feeds them?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Those things are very different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

Are both extenders EX6110?

Or what actual models do you have? 

What router are you connecting them to? 

Message 3 of 7
HD98
Aspirant

Yes both models are the same. So one will be connected and the other won't, be if I unplug one , then the other one will work. I need both to have their own properties ,is that possible, and the router is my xfinity router
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about WiFi Extenders here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Might find more information as well.

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 7

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please visit and post about WiFi Extenders here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Might find more information as well.

Thank you. 

This is, of course, the same link that was posted several messages ago.

Re: extender - NETGEAR Communities

And the bit that says:

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Those things are very different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with repeating these things, although it does lead to a very messy conversation.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Just a reminder. Thanks. 

Message 7 of 7