Re: firmware upgrade to V1.0.4.18

Mdale382
Initiate

firmware upgrade to V1.0.4.18

I recently did the firmware upgrade to V1.0.4.18 and ever since then my streaming has been interrupted and its failing to connect to my extender can you send me the link for the previous firmware so i can back down to that version it worked really well.

If not how to i fix the constent streaming interuptions that i wasnt having before the firmware upgrade?
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
schumaku
Guru

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r8000.aspx#download -> Downloads -> [+[ Previous Versions

Message 2 of 9
MPSB
Initiate

6/4/18:  R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200-  Updated firmware last week.  Had this same issue.  After installing latest firmware (V1.04.18), wifi kept dropping.  (Ruled out DSL provider router first, then..) I reset to factory settings and attempted to run with latest firmware once again.  Router continued to drop wifi.  I reverted to previous firmware (V1.0.4.12) and it appears to be working.  Contacted Netgear support and was told their people are working on and it would be 1-2 weeks and they should have a fix.  I was told I would also be advised when firmware update (fix) is available via email.

Firmware, Security, Update

Message 3 of 9
IrvSp
Master

@MPSB wrote:

I reverted to previous firmware (V1.0.4.12) and it appears to be working.  Contacted Netgear support and was told their people are working on and it would be 1-2 weeks and they should have a fix.  I was told I would also be advised when firmware update (fix) is available via email.

Interesting. Why are you having the problem is the real question? My R8000 with V.1.0.4.18 works fine?

What did you mean by 'extender' ("and its failing to connect to my extender")? Did they discover the problem is in the R8000 or the unnamed extender?

Curious...

Message 4 of 9
texagg99
Aspirant

I had the same problem. I upgraded a week ago after we were advised to do so. I had nothing but problems until I went back to the old firmware. I'll hold off a little bit to upgrade again so I don't have to repeat those problems.

Message 5 of 9
Mdale382
Initiate

Update: The Recent Firmware has an issue downgrade to the previous versions and everything is working and streaming just fine.

The issue is the most recent firmware update it has bug issue that shuts off internet causing devices to kick
Message 6 of 9
IrvSp
Master

@texagg99 wrote:

I had the same problem. I upgraded a week ago after we were advised to do so. I had nothing but problems until I went back to the old firmware. I'll hold off a little bit to upgrade again so I don't have to repeat those problems.

Did you RESET the router and re-apply manually ALL settings after updating?

Did you go from the V1.0.4.12 to V1.0.4.18? I did that and had NO problems and didn't even do a RESET?

Do you have UPnP, Circle or Parental Controls, VPN, Q0S, or Traffic Meter enabled? Some people have had problems with those enabled?

If the firmware itself is the cause why are not a lot more people complaining here?

Message 7 of 9
IrvSp
Master

@Mdale382 wrote:
Update: The Recent Firmware has an issue downgrade to the previous versions and everything is working and streaming just fine.

The issue is the most recent firmware update it has bug issue that shuts off internet causing devices to kick

Did you RESET the router and re-apply manually ALL settings after updating?

Did you go from the V1.0.4.12 to V1.0.4.18? I did that and had NO problems and didn't even do a RESET?

Do you have UPnP, Circle or Parental Controls, VPN, Q0S, or Traffic Meter enabled? Some people have had problems with those enabled?

If the firmware itself is the cause why are not a lot more people complaining here?

Message 8 of 9
TerryPh
Virtuoso

It has been 5 days with my R8000 FW1.0.4.18 runnning with minimum configuration, and the internet connection, speed, remain constantly stable.

I will update for week 2 progress.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements