Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to manage a bridged router

gschallert
Aspirant

how to manage a bridged router

I just added a second R7000 router to my network and configured it for bridge mode, no thanks to the instructions in the manual - what a nightmare.  It seems to be bridged to my main router using the 5 GHz band and I can connect wired devices to it and get internet access.  Now that it's bridged how do I access it to manage it?  I tried connecting directly to the IP it got assigned but when I do that I get re-routed to some weird netgear screen checking for other routers and end up at a setup screen for changing the password.  The www.routerlogin... just takes me to the main router.How do I login to it for updating firmware, patches and other settings as needed?  HELP

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
gschallert
Aspirant

Re: how to manage a bridged router

I ended up doing a factory reset and patching it before setting it up as a bridge again.  Oddly enough after updating the firmware and putting it back in bridge mode I can now access it's management page by IP address. 

The Netgear instructions for Bridge setup on this router must be very out of date.  I didn't even have the same GUI that was in the documentation.  Everything is working as it should now, thanks for trying to help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Have you verified the bridge IP by Logging into router and locating the r7000 in attached devices and use that IP? Try using LAN port on bridge when logging into it.

If still a problem let me know which FW version and I'll test it Friday too late now to test.

Message 2 of 5
gschallert
Aspirant

Yes I checked the router to get the IP of the 7000 in bridge mode and tried connecting directly to that IP and using a lan port on the bridge in question.  I keep getting taken to routerlogin.net/genie... where it checks for other routers first then says internet connection is not active do I want help setting up the router.  I can't seem to break out of that setup routine to get to the actual config screens.  The firmware is 1.0.7.2 and updating it is the main reason I tried accessing it in the first place.

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If the update is that impotant to you then reset to defaults and try updating it as a router......I tried for last 2 hours, cannot even get bridge to even connect to my router , I give up for now.

It's Beer 30

Message 4 of 5
gschallert
Aspirant

I ended up doing a factory reset and patching it before setting it up as a bridge again.  Oddly enough after updating the firmware and putting it back in bridge mode I can now access it's management page by IP address. 

The Netgear instructions for Bridge setup on this router must be very out of date.  I didn't even have the same GUI that was in the documentation.  Everything is working as it should now, thanks for trying to help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7