Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to set this box? in the advance - setup -

corvairbob
Tutor

how to set this box? in the advance - setup -

i have researched thisDisable Port Scan and DoS Protection  and i just do not see a real answer. i see both answers. some say check that box and some say leave it alone.  i had to do a factory reset yesterday and that process checked that box. i had it unchecked and then yesterday i got locked out or the internet. i could see you tube and my mail on yahoo, but i could not get anthing else. so after doing the factory reset using the button on the modem and i held it untill alll the lights went out and then they all came back steady, then i let go of the reset button.

and when i was checking what changed i saw that disable port scan and dos protection box was checked. so i left it thinking the modem know what is best for a default setting.

well this morning h got the same thien again i could see yahoo mail but nothing else would show, most of the time i got ine the search window about blank.  so now i had to do another factory reset and again it came back checked, so i just incheked it. so maybe i got some attacks that disabled the modem so it would not get online. my pc said i was online and the admin page for netgear said i was online. but i was not completely online.

any ideas? what is the correct mark for that box? for default all the rest of those boxes were left unchecked.  thanks

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
corvairbob
Tutor

Re: how to set this box? in the advance - setup -

and to this one  michealkenward   i did got to that page and in the usb page i was asking if anone had a answer for what usb devices work with the c7000 modem router.  

with the old modem i had i fo to that page and it would give me 3 usb devices that it liked and then a box that said try anu usb device and see if it may work.

on the c7000 modem that option is not anywhere in the 3 choices. and in advance i see it has some items checked for enable and then some for  needing to input a admin type password. so that is about as clear as mud. so because it is hard to get that one answered i will just forget about evenusing that port onthe back the device. but thanks for trying  jsut mark it solved. or the next reply i get i will just accept it and move one. thanks

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

Sorry, but I find it hard to unravel what is going on in there.

Can you narrow it down to a problem that needs fixing?

Why did you "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection" and what were you hoping to achieve by that?

@corvairbob wrote:

any ideas? what is the correct mark for that box? for default all the rest of those boxes were left unchecked.  thanks

What is "that box"? The "dos protection box"? (See above.)

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

Cable modems need different settings from routers.

Message 2 of 6
corvairbob
Tutor

never mind i will as the guy at the gas station  it seems i asked it real simple how shoukt that dos and port scan box be set checked or unchecked. but it seem no one relly had the answer here. thanks

Message 3 of 6

Sensible answers need questions that make sense.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what you want to do.

I start here in the desktop genie:

Netgeargeniereadyshare.jpg

Does it look familiar?

Message 4 of 6
corvairbob
Tutor

ihave been down that road. what happes is more than one helper stepsin and instead of reading form the beginning they start in mthe middle and then the person saking get fustratied.

i started asking how to check that bos in the advance setting wan then you have 5 options to eithe check or not check. by default the 2 one down gets checked and by having that box checked i got so may entries in the logs, so i was asking if that bos had to remain checke or not.

i looked it up in the forums and there is not real answer that got answered.  so   uning the netgear gene on the computer open it go to advanced then to settings then click the wan setup and tell me the second question it has do i leave that box not checked or do i have to check that box.  

Message 5 of 6
corvairbob
Tutor

and to this one  michealkenward   i did got to that page and in the usb page i was asking if anone had a answer for what usb devices work with the c7000 modem router.  

with the old modem i had i fo to that page and it would give me 3 usb devices that it liked and then a box that said try anu usb device and see if it may work.

on the c7000 modem that option is not anywhere in the 3 choices. and in advance i see it has some items checked for enable and then some for  needing to input a admin type password. so that is about as clear as mud. so because it is hard to get that one answered i will just forget about evenusing that port onthe back the device. but thanks for trying  jsut mark it solved. or the next reply i get i will just accept it and move one. thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7