iPhone 5 keep losing WiFi connection

JokerPower
Aspirant

iPhone 5 keep losing WiFi connection

Hello. I've purchased my new R7000, installed the latest firmware, and noticed that iPhone is constantly dropping connection when idle. What's wrong?

Message 1 of 3
fredgunn
Aspirant

Re: iPhone 5 keep losing WiFi connection

are u connected on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz radio? try the 5ghz, my iPhone 5 would not connect on 2.4 but is flawless on 5ghz. (maybe my iPhone 5's 2.4ghz antenna is at fault.)
Message 2 of 3
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Re: iPhone 5 keep losing WiFi connection

Have you done a "Reset network settings" on the iPhone 5 since putting the R7000 online? That might help ("General" -> "Reset" -> "Reset Network Settings").

It can also help to forget the wireless network that you're using on the iPhone 5 and re-log into the new R7000 wireless network freshly. Rebooting the iPhone 5 also may help, it gives your phone a chance to rebuild its network stack with the new wireless network.

The above have helped me a lot with flaky Apple wifi. Still have to reboot my iPhone 6 every once in a while, not often these days, though...of course it doesn't hurt the phone as a whole to reset it, gives it a fresh start and flushes anything that's gotten wedged. Not a fan of iOS 8 myself, you might notice *smile*. iOS 8.4 seems a bit better than its predecessors, though.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements