Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPhone 6 wifi calling

Rob818
Aspirant

iPhone 6 wifi calling

On about 50-60% of calls with my iPhone 6, when either I make a call or receive one, I will hear the caller for a second and then their end goes silent and I can hear nothing. They can sometimes hear me, but I then have to call them back on a landline. I never had this problem on the N150 router (WNR1000 v3) that I had previously.
Model: R6900v2|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, log in to the routers Web page.

Some of the features mentioned are located under Basic and Wireless. The others are located under Advanced/Setup/wireless, etc or Advanced/Advanced Settings/Wireless

I would also make sure that all iphone apps are closed or not running as well. They shouldn't be interferring however you never know. Smiley Frustrated

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What wireless modes are you using? Try up to 300Mb on either frequency.

What security modes are you using Try WPA2 and AES only.

Set manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz  or any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Disable IPv6.

Is QoS enabled? Try disabling QoS.

Disable any MIMO and or Beamforming wireless features if supported on this router model.

Ensure WMM is enabled on the router.

Ensure your connecting to either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz radios. Use separate SSID names for each radio. Disable any Smart Connect features for testing.

What is the MFr and model of your ISP modem?

What Speeds are you paying for UP and Down?

Message 2 of 6
Rob818
Aspirant

FURRYe38, thank you for the reply. I’m not familiar with how to access much of what you describe. I’ll do some research and try what you’ve offered. I expect I need to log in to the router. As for the isp modem, I live in a rural area and have fixed broadband wireless service and the only box inside is a PoE adapter (model MPSE-4803).
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, log in to the routers Web page.

Some of the features mentioned are located under Basic and Wireless. The others are located under Advanced/Setup/wireless, etc or Advanced/Advanced Settings/Wireless

I would also make sure that all iphone apps are closed or not running as well. They shouldn't be interferring however you never know. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 6
Rob818
Aspirant

Those tips seem to have worked. Still a few scenarios to test out. Thanks again for the quick responses!
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working better now. Enjoy.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements