Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhone 8 problem connecting to R6400v2 ac1750 5g wireless network

3Rabbits
Follower

iPhone 8 problem connecting to R6400v2 ac1750 5g wireless network

Started noticing my iPhone 8 having problems accessing the internet when connected via the 5g wireless network of my R6400v2 ac1750.  But not in via 2g wireless networking. Switching my phone to the primary router, from Spectrum, and I had no problems.  Albeit, the ac1750 was in set to Access Point, the problem persisted even after switching out of AP mode.  

Back to AP mode and the problem persisted even after the lastest firmware update, V1.0.4.102_10.0.75.  Likewise, the iPhone is up to date at iOS 14.2. 

One of the symptoms a problem was eminent was that the iPhone took a long time to get an IP when attempting to join the 5g network.  Eventually, I found that if on the iPhone I disabled the "Private Address" setting respective to the routers 5g network the network IP address was almost instantly garnered and applied.  Consequently, internet access returned to normal.

Best guess, being that the problem is not seen on the Spectrum router but seen  with the Netgear router, it would seem evident that a protocol handshaking issue between the iPhone and router exist because of the "Privacy Address" setting.  I would venture to guess that Netgear can trace it on their router and/or via something like WireShark to determine the root-cause.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: iPhone 8 problem connecting to R6400v2 ac1750 5g wireless network

Does any other device have the issue? or just that iphone?

Have you tried a factory reset and reinstall on the R6400?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7