Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: install Cove security cameras via wifi with NetGear R6120.

dhs
Aspirant
Aspirant

install Cove security cameras via wifi with NetGear R6120.

NetGear R6120 router. Trying to pair Cove security cameras. SSID will not "pre-populate" in the Cove phone app where it's supposed to. My phone is connected to the wifi. Can't access the field on the app to manually enter SSID. Not a big techie. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
dhs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out it was their app the whole time. The 3rd rep I s/w at Cove informed me of the app error. What a hassle. They had me chasing shadows for hours, when the problem was on their end the whole time. 

Installed cameras with no issue using YI Home camera app. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Sounds like something best asked of the people who made the cameras.

This seems to be the first time anyway has mentioned Cove here.

One issue with these things can be with poorly designed apps that insist that you have to connect to 2.4 GHz wifi. That is something best sorted out on your phone.

Message 2 of 5
vjramsas
Initiate

Try changing the wireless channel under 2.4 ghz on your router to 6 or 9 or 11 and update the settings and check whether you could find the network on clove app. sometimes happens due to interference.

Message 3 of 5
dhs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out it was their app the whole time. The 3rd rep I s/w at Cove informed me of the app error. What a hassle. They had me chasing shadows for hours, when the problem was on their end the whole time. 

Installed cameras with no issue using YI Home camera app. 

Message 4 of 5

@dhs wrote:

Turns out it was their app the whole time.

As suspected, that's the usual source of that sort of problem. But they just love passing the buck.

Thanks for reporting back. Now we have one message referring to Cove security cameras. That could help another victim in future.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7