Re: internet connection - router

psl19
Tutor

internet connection - router

My computer gets internet and I can print from my computer to my wireless printer but nothing else connects to my wifi.  My iphone, ipad, laptop and ring doorbell all say no internet connection.  I tried restarting everything and I reset the router twice.  Nothing helps.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be happening? I have very, very little experience and am totally confused as to what is happening.  I thought maybe my router needed to be replaced but I can still get the internet on my computer and print on my printer.  I would apreciate any suggestions you can offer.  Thank you in advance!!

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Jesus-
Tutor

Did u find a fix? I'm having same issue. Did a hard reset multiple times and even bought a new router and I'm still having same issues on the new router. I've tried changing the channels and that didn't help.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 2 of 5
psl19
Tutor

I was on the phone for an hour with att yesterday.  The tech was actually trying to help but no change.  Att is sending out someone Friday.  Ill let you know what happens.

Message 3 of 5

The D7000 is a modem/router. If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

@psl19 wrote:

My iphone, ipad, laptop and ring doorbell all say no internet connection. 

Take us through what you are doing and what you see.

Does the iPhone see the wifi SSID from the D7000?

What messages do you see when it tries to connect?

What do the LEDs on the D7000 look like, especially the wifi LEDs.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
psl19
Tutor

At&t tech switched out my Netgear modem for an att modem.  Problem solved.  Hope this helps

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E