logging in w/Genie iOS app to ReadyShare from another WiFi point?

Markg2
Tutor

logging in w/Genie iOS app to ReadyShare from another WiFi point?

Either I've forgotten/lost the credentials to login to the ReadyShare USB flash drive attached to my home router from outside of the house or I have set this up.

At the login screen I entered my email address and then 'forgot password', was issued an email with a link, clicked the link and get an a page of HTML apparently from a server's Apache software titled 'HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Locale part "en-us" contains invalid characters'. This appears to be a server problem unrelated to my password reset. Correct? Suggestions?

Mark

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: logging in w/Genie iOS app to ReadyShare from another WiFi point?

are you referring to readycloud? I test it now and password recovery seems to be working.

Message 2 of 6
Markg2
Tutor

Let me clarify a bit---

If I'm not home then an ID and Password is useless since the app would have no clue of 'where' the wifi location is of my Nighthawk and the USB deive that I'm looking to connect with using the iOS Genie app.

I have an IP address of same but I do not remember how/where I obtained it to confirm that it's correct.

There's an option to use the IP address and when I inserted same while away from home at the rec center using their wifi either the app couldn't locate or crashed or both.

And yes, I'm referring to the ReadyShare tab

Message 3 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

Ohhh youre using the NETGEAR Genie app. You cant use ReadyShare through Genie remotely. If you want to access your USB HDD remotely you must use ReadyCloud. You have to enable ReadyCloud feature (it is another option under USB storage). You must have a username and password (instruction on the UI as well).

Message 4 of 6
Markg2
Tutor

At least as early as several months ago I know that I was able to access the USB via the cloud as you mention.

When I enter the username and password Genie says it's incorrect. I then clicked on the link to obtain new and the same thing happened yesterday that happened when I initially posted this thread--I got a web page full of Apache server error diagnostic information clearly intended for an IT person to resolve and not for the customer to see/understand/value.

Any suggestions?

Can I reset the credentials for Genie Cloud access from my laptop instead and maybe not get the error or is there a way to wipe out the credentials that Netgear has for my/cloud and start clean?

(Edit): Just remembered that I did try to reset the password from my laptop the day before yesterday. Here's the email I was sent and when you click 'Reset Password' you still get the referenced server script error:

Hello,

You are receiving this message because you requested a NETGEAR genie password reset.

To reset your password, click here: Reset Password

Sincerely,

NETGEAR genie Support Team

Mark

Message 5 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

tried it now with NO error.

Genie3.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements