Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

login help

Dannylynx123
Follower

login help

Please could anyone help me. I cannot remember my user name or password. I did try and answer the security questions which was unsucessful. I'm now at a complete loss as to what to do next.

Thank you in advance

Paul

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2

Re: login help

@Dannylynx123 wrote:

Please could anyone help me. I cannot remember my user name or password. I did try and answer the security questions which was unsucessful. I'm now at a complete loss as to what to do next.

Netgear makes life interesting by having all manner of passwords. There is the one into the router's controls, then there are those to get into the router's wifi, and then there any that you use to get into this Community and/or MyNetgear.

Different passwords pop up at different times, depending on how you connect to the device and where you are trying to access from, your local network or somewhere else on the Internet. (Previously known as Remote Access, that's now called Anywhere Access.)

If you are talking about access to the browser's graphical user interface (GUI), the router's controls, these are on the label for your device. The username is fixed at admin. The default password is password.

There is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Nighthawk WiFi Routers

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but if you have more issues with your device you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7