Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

lost connection to cameras remotely

ramhad3
Aspirant

lost connection to cameras remotely

I have been using. http://www.samsungipolis.com/ipolis/ipoipolis.asp for my remote cameras. One day power went out it stopped working remotely. I tried loggin in and found that https://ddns.hanwha-security.com/ is now running the service. So I set up an account registered it and all that. shows it ONLINE but when I went to connect to it it says. 

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://71.X.XX.XX:X/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ( I added the "X's")

So i logged into the router, to see about the port forwarding stuff and there was not anything listed under port or trigger forwarding.

I try to set one up on the IP address my camera DVR system is on and it says The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type

WHAT THE HELL? HELP?

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ramhad3
Aspirant

Re: lost connection to cameras remotely

Problem solved.  Not even sure what I did LOL

Thanks for the replies

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you check the UPnP port mapping table in the router?  I'm guessing that the DVR system was able to open the port with uPnP, and that your web page issue is about something else.

You could turn off the DVR system, reboot the router, and then try forwarding the port.  

If you use port forwarding, then you should reserve the IP address of the DVR system btw. 

Message 2 of 7
ramhad3
Aspirant

I have rebooted everything. Is there an easier freaking way to do this? It worked for 2 years fine.

ahhhhhhhhhhh 😞

Message 3 of 7
ramhad3
Aspirant

what and how to find the info for uPnP

im lost

Message 4 of 7
ramhad3
Aspirant

Ok I found the UPnP Stuff and it looks like port 80 is assigned to something else? How did that happen? Cameras were fine for years.  Im so confused lol

how do I find what is on the port 80- now? says the IP address is assigned to port 80 and 443? 

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@ramhad3 wrote:

Ok I found the UPnP Stuff and it looks like port 80 is assigned to something else? How did that happen? Cameras were fine for years.  Im so confused lol

The other device asked your router to open the port.  The upnp map will tell you that device's IP address.  You can then find the device that is currently using that address.

Another option is to turn off upnp and reboot the router.  Programs that are relying on upnp to open ports will fail, and as you come across them you can add new port forwarding for them.

Message 6 of 7
ramhad3
Aspirant

Problem solved.  Not even sure what I did LOL

Thanks for the replies

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation