Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

model c7000v2 ac1900 nighthawk modem router not connecting to internet

iLackSleep
Aspirant

model c7000v2 ac1900 nighthawk modem router not connecting to internet

installed  the ac1900 wifi cable modem router model c7000v2 and i am not able to get it to connect to internet....all the lights r on except the online light which just flashes....the cable complany is able to read it from their end, but they dont know why it is not connecting....i assume since the internet light doesnt stay lit,,,and that my laptop is reading the device...i can eliminate ther router side as the problem...according to the internet provider (optimum)  it is in fact a compatable modem...any thoughts or suggestion please??

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: model c7000v2 ac1900 nighthawk modem router not connecting to internet

Were they able to provision it?

If you log into it, click on cable connection. Take a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs and post them back here. 

Also, if you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in line, remove them. They can cause issues. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Were they able to provision it?

If you log into it, click on cable connection. Take a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs and post them back here. 

Also, if you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in line, remove them. They can cause issues. 

Message 2 of 3
iLackSleep
Aspirant

thank you very much....i traced it back and found an unneeded splitter...removed it, and problem solved...thnks again...much appreciated

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7