Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

my wifi router changed?

Imnotmagic97
Follower

my wifi router changed?

It seems some other users were having the same problem as me, but I don't know about this one. My whole wifi router had changed its name to BERNIE_RAX48 and it could see it on avaible networks but wouldnt let me join it for some reason. I don't know if someone had gotten to it possibly hacked it? Not really a whiz on this all i know is just how to set up the router. 

Message 1 of 3

Re: my wifi router changed?

@Imnotmagic97 wrote:

My whole wifi router had changed its name to BERNIE_RAX48 and it could see it on avaible networks but wouldnt let me join it for some reason. 

Is that the wifi SSID? 

What happens when you try to connect? Any messages you get?

Any chance that this SSID comes from the neighbours? Is that the only SSID you see?

Do you own a RAX48 router?

Have you tried changing the SSID that it puts out? You should be able to do this.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Specify Basic WiFi Settings.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: my wifi router changed?

You can always hardwire into your router and see/change your ssid.  This bypasses needing the network name/password. 

Maybe someone else has the same router. Or maybe someone did change it. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7