Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear R7000

eghaim
Aspirant

netgear R7000

I have two Netgear R7000.

I wanted to see if I could have set one R7000 as base unit ant the other R7000 as a repeater. I did it without conneecting to internet.

It worked fine, but discovered seting as repeter is no security.

So, I reset the R7000 base unit, all went well, the R7000 repeter unit is now stock.

I am not able to reset becouse the repeater unit keeps trying to reboot every few minutes, the unit never boots up in order to reset.

Even in this condition I tryed pressing the reset button, first 7 seconds, then 30 seconds then 30/30/30 30 reset 30 reset with power off then 30 seconds reset with power on

help

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
eghaim
Aspirant

Re: netgear R7000

All the spelling didn't correct

@eghaim wrote:

I wanted to see if I could have set one R7000 as base unit ant the other R7000 as a repeater. I did it without conneecting to internet.

So, I reset the R7000 base unit, all went well, the R7000 repeter unit is now stock.

I am not able to reset becouse the repeater unit keeps trying to reboot every few minutes, the unit never boots up in order to reset.

Even in this condition I tryed pressing the reset button, first 7 seconds, then 30 seconds then 30/30/30 30 reset 30 reset with power off then 30 seconds reset with power on

help

I wanted to see if I could have set one R7000 as a base unit and the other R7000 as a repeater. I did it without connecting to the internet.

It worked fine but discovered setting as repeater is no security.

So, I reset the R7000 base unit, all went well, the R7000 repeater unit is now stock.

I am not able to reset because the repeater unit keeps trying to reboot every few minutes, the unit never boots up in order to reset.

Even in this condition, I tried pressing the reset button, first 7 seconds, then 30 seconds then 30/30/30 30 reset 30 reset with power off then 30 seconds reset with power on

help

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
eghaim
Aspirant

All the spelling didn't correct

@eghaim wrote:

help

I wanted to see if I could have set one R7000 as a base unit and the other R7000 as a repeater. I did it without connecting to the internet.

It worked fine but discovered setting as repeater is no security.

So, I reset the R7000 base unit, all went well, the R7000 repeater unit is now stock.

I am not able to reset because the repeater unit keeps trying to reboot every few minutes, the unit never boots up in order to reset.

Even in this condition, I tried pressing the reset button, first 7 seconds, then 30 seconds then 30/30/30 30 reset 30 reset with power off then 30 seconds reset with power on

help

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Router mode option. Under here you may see Router, AP, Reapter or Bridge modes. If you don't see Repeater here, then the 7000 doesn't support Repeater mode. 

Message 3 of 8
eghaim
Aspirant

Repeater worked perfectly, but I don't want to use it as a repeater. All I want is to reset to the factory setting.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have the IP address of the 7000 series router running in repeater mode, you can log in to the routers web pag using this IP address and configure the Repeater mode back to Router or AP mode. Otherwise, press the reset button in back for 10 seconds and this will put the router back in to router mode. 

Message 5 of 8
eghaim
Aspirant

the problem is can not get the router to boot up. 

I tried to reset with different ways, 7 seconds then 30 seconds, then 30/30/30, then 60 seconds.... none are working. Because in order to reset, router has to be booted up and running. this router is in the loop now. 

Message 6 of 8

@eghaim wrote:

the problem is can not get the router to boot up. 

That is a very different issue.

What happens when you power up the router? What do the LEDs on the front look like? Especially the power LED.

Message 7 of 8

@FURRYe38 wrote:

If you don't see Repeater here, then the 7000 doesn't support Repeater mode. 

Or read the manual. Always a good move.

Forget about "Repeater " look for Wireless Distribution System.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7