Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear c7100v attempted to change PS4 to NAT1 by changing it to default DMZ

augustineddiaz
Follower

netgear c7100v attempted to change PS4 to NAT1 by changing it to default DMZ

I attempted to change router setting to make my PS4 NAT1 instead of current settings of NAT2

I made a change to my router DMZ settings and caused issues 

i logged into my router navigated to the lacation below and and added IP address 192.168.0.23 (the address of hard wired PS4)

Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup. Select Default DMZ Server. Type the IP address.

I checked the box for Default DMZ Server and changed the IP address to 192.168.0.23

then i selected reboot, the router rebooted and when it finished I was unable to connect to wifi or logintpo the router

I then had to restore to defaul, dissconnect power, wait 3 minutes, plug in power put pin in reset hole for 7 seconds, now i can connect to wifi and I logged back into the router with my PC the new DMZ Ip address 192.168.0.23 is still there,

How do i change the Nat setting for the PS4 and reverse the DMZ ip addess back tgo default

I made this change watcing a video that showed assinign DMZ would change the NAT setting to 1

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: netgear c7100v attempted to change PS4 to NAT1 by changing it to default DMZ

The only way to get NAT1 on PS is to change the modems mode from router mode to modem only mode. Otherwise NAT2 will always be seen when a router is in the middle between the modem and PS. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7