netgear nighthawk 7000

Ztnark
Aspirant

netgear nighthawk 7000

I have 2 identical nighthawk routers. one at my house and one at my lake house. I have 2 wayz cams set up at the lake house and they work perfectly. I purchased another one for my main house and when I try to install it I get an error message saying the cam cannot find the network. I tried several times and even talked to wayz support who told me the cam was fine. I finally just took the cam out to my lake house and hooked it up there and it installed instantly. What's wrong with my house router? Do I have some setting wrong?
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: netgear nighthawk 7000

What modem are you using for each?

When you're doing setup, are you making sure your phone is connected to 2.4ghz signal? 

What wyze camera is it? 

What channel is your 2.4ghz on for your home versus lake cabin?

Firmware on the routers?

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 5
Ztnark
Aspirant

Not sure if you got my reply to your email but. it's a wyze pan cam. Both modums are the ones supplied by my cable company. My phone is set on 2g, and everything else seems the same except I don't know how to check the channel on the router or upgrade the firmware? I appreciate your getting back to me
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@Ztnark wrote:
Not sure if you got my reply to your email but. it's a wyze pan cam. Both modums are the ones supplied by my cable company. My phone is set on 2g, and everything else seems the same except I don't know how to check the channel on the router or upgrade the firmware? I appreciate your getting back to me

What modem from the ISP is it? Some have integrated routers that can cause issues with setup. 

If you log into the router the wifi settings page shows your wifi channels.

The router will also display what firmare is on it in the top right corner. 

the manual walks you through firmware updates and wifi channel changes. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 4 of 5
Ztnark
Aspirant

Thank you I appreciate the help. I'll see what I can do with the manual.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E