netgear suppor is worthless!!! I hope you can help

FKntgear
Follower

netgear suppor is worthless!!! I hope you can help

Ok, so netgear suppor is Fking worhless, making me reach out to the 'community', so I hope you can all help!

I'm trying to retreive the admin password for my R700 router, but the www.routerlogin.net site is messed up. I follow the directions and go to the site. I select cancel as instructed. However, once I enter the serial number into the field, there is no 'continue' 'button'. I've attached photos. I am using chrome also as instructed.

Untitled.pngUntitled 2.png

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Slash00x
Aspirant

Re: netgear suppor is worthless!!! I hope you can help

Try looking up in the support pages the model of your router. Use the documentation/manual to see how to reset to manufacturer specs. Pushing and holding a button for 3 or more seconds should take care of that reset.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Not much the community can do for you. If this...

How do I recover the admin password on my NETGEAR router?

...does no work as expected (many potential reasons - have tried a reboot before, disabled any borked Internet "security" packages intercepting Web traffic, ...? It's not a "site" by the way, it's a Web page hosted on your router.), as suggested in brief before, reset the router:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router?

Message 3 of 4

@FKntgear wrote:

However, once I enter the serial number into the field, there is no 'continue' 'button'.

I have seen reports of that before. If you didn't set up password recovery, but haven't turned it off, then there's a bug that leaves you in a closed loop.

The only solution is a factory reset, use the default password and reconfigure the thing from scratch.

Then either set up password recovery, or disable it completely.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E