Highlighted
Follower

new Nighthawk AC1750 connection goes in and out

I recently moved and had to switch internet providers. I'm now using spectrum internet ultra. My router keeps dropping out. I've only had it for about 2 weeks. I ordered from amazon and am considering returning going with D-link because i don't feel like dealing with the hassle, but I thought i'd reach out once just to see if anything can be done. It's my second netgear router and I've had problems with both dropping out. My spectrum modem stays up and running fine, I can connect to it through my phone's LTE and it shows connected and all lights are green. It's my third router in 2 weeks. Between the two netgear routers, I used my old Verizon Modem/router and it was wonderful. Constant coverage no drop outs, but alas had to return router to verizon so i went out and bought a more expensive Netgear router because I just figured the first time I went to cheap. 

This new one stays connected longer than the other one. then drops out for 3 or 4 minutes, then comes back, then drops. It's really frustrating. I'm at work right now fiddling with it through the Nighthawk access anywhere option just to see if there's some firmware i can upgrade, and it disconnected. 

I noticed looking through some of the support threads that the issue could be a device that it doesn't like? I'd rather just get a new router than have to figure out which computer it doesn't like. if the verizon router worked fine then i'm bound to find another router that will work correctly.

I've also noticed some folks turn off the 2.5GHz option and just use the 5G and it solves the issue. That could be an easy fix, just not sure how to turn that option off. This would be a welcome solution because my 2.5GHz speed tests show me that the output is under 1MBPS for downloads almost constantly. I have to run most of my connections through the 5G anyway. any other ideas are welcomed. don't want to deal with this for another week. i'm sick of not having internet when i want it. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements