nighthawk 7500 2350 and gigabit internet

el40
Follower

nighthawk 7500 2350 and gigabit internet

I just recently upgraded to Gigabit (cox) internet.  I am only able to get speeds of up to 280mb on 5G and 150mb on 2.4G.  I also have a PS4 hard wired and can only get up to 150mb.  Connection to my 3.1 docsis modem is 987 mb.  I have had this router 3 and a half years is it able to handle gigabit or do I need to buy a new one?

Message 1 of 2

Re: nighthawk 7500 2350 and gigabit internet

First ensure that QoS is disabled. You don't need it.

@el40 wrote:

I have had this router 3 and a half years is it able to handle gigabit or do I need to buy a new one?

It can handle gigabit ethernet, but gigabit internet may not be quite so easy. Don't be surprised it is isn't quite that high. As to gigabit wifi, forget it.

You will never get gigabit wifi. That depends on the wifi clients. You could have terabit internet, but the wifi is stuck at what the wifi devices can handle. 280Mbps is the limit for many wifi clients.

You might like to do a bit of research into the speeds that you can expect for the devices you own. Here's one that might help.

How Fast Is a Wi-Fi Network?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements